- Start from Manali
- Destination Manali – Kunzum Pass – Sangla
- Tour Duration 7 Nights 8 Days
- Tour type : SUV
- Day 01: Arrive Chandigarh/ Manali (300 kms/9 hrs) Meet on arrival in Chandigarh airport/ station and drive to Manali. On arrival check in at hotel.. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 02: In Manali Morning half day tour visiting Naggar Castle, Roerich Art Gallery (closed on Mondays) and few old temples in Naggar village. Afternoon half day city tour visiting Hadimba Devi Temple, Manu Temple, Tibetan Monastery and Vashisht Village. Evening free to explore Manali market. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 03: Manali/ Kunzam Pass/ Kaza (202 Kms) Travel by surface from Manali to Kaza over Rohtang Pass (3980 m) & Kunzum Pass (4558 m). Enroute also drive past some villages of Spiti valley like Losar, Hal and Ragrik. On arrival in Kaza check in at guest house. Overnight at guest house.
- Day 04: In Kaza Morning visit the Ki monastery, 12 kms from Kaza. This centuries – old gompa is a labyrinth of rooms and corridors – and at one time also acted as a fort. It houses valuable thangkas and offers a panoramic view of the area. Also visit the small gompa at Kibber, 9 kms further ahead. Kibber at 4205 m has the distinction of being the highest permanently inhabited village of the region. Overnight at guest house.
- Day 05: Kaza / Pin Valley / Tabo Travel from Kaza to Pin Valley, the land of Ibex and Snow Leopards. Visit Kungri monastery at Pin Valley. Continue drive to Tabo. Visit Tabo monastery. Founded in 996 AD by the great teacher Richensang-po, Tabo is renowned for its breathtaking murals and stucco images – and is often called “The Ajanta of the Himalayas”. The largest monastic complex in Spiti, the old section has 9 temples, 23 chortens, a monks chamber and a nuns chamber. There are several caves adorned with frescoes and contemporary structures too. In trans Himalayan Buddhism, Tabo’s sanctity is next only to Tibet’s Tholing gompa. Overnight at guest house.
- Day 06: Tabo/ Dhankar /Kaza Travel from Tabo to Dhankar gompa. This gompa rests high over the valley and is a stupendous example of local architecture. It is regarded to have once been a fort and was also the residence of the ruler of Spiti – the Nano. Also visit the Lalung Gompa. Continue travel onwards to Kaza. Overnight at guest house.
- Day 07: Kaza / Manali (202 kms) Travel back from Kaza to Manali enroute crossing over Kunzam Pass providing beautiful views of CB ranges and Rohtang Pass. On arrival check in at hotel. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 08: Manali/ Chandigarh (300 kms/ 9 hrs)Travel by surface from Manali to Chandigarh. On arrival transfer to Railway station or airport to board to onward destination.
End of tour & our services