They city Mussoorie is a derivative of the word ‘Mansoor’, a type of shrub. Also called Mansoori by many Indians, the city is counted among the well known hill stations in the state of Uttarakhand as well as India. It is also very famous by the name of “Queen of Hills”. Mostly the town is visited by married couples who come here for honeymoon, so it is also popular as a honeymoon destination in India. This beautiful city was discovered by a British military officer while on an expedition in the region. Its foundation was laid by setting up a shooting lodge.
Afterwards, the town developed as a preferred destination for education, business, tourism and beauty. The discoverer of Mussoorie also made the place as his residence after being enamored of the natural beauty in the year 1820. The Queen of Hills is situated in the foot hill of the Himalaya, at 2000 meters from the sea level. The serenity, wonderful hills, flora and fauna, attractive Doon Valley and Shivalik ranges are some of the major crowd-pullers in Mussoorie, attracting visitors in hundreds and thousands every year. Not only the Indians but travelers from abroad also visit Mussoorie regularly.
Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration was built in Mussoorie where IAS and IPS officers are provided training after they qualified the exams. This is also one the reasons why people make plans to go Mussoorie.
Throughout the year people are accessible here, the best time to visit Mussoorie is from April to June and next from September to November. It is about 250 miles away from Delhi, in the North, the capital of India. This hilly resort is situated at a height of 6600 ft above the sea level.
Mussoorie Tourist Place
There are plenty of picturesque destinations to visit in Mussoorie. You can plan to visit Gun Hill, where you’ll enjoy riding ropeway on the second highest peak in Mussoorie. Municipal Garden, a beautiful park, has an artificial lake and boating facilities as well. Other popular tourists places include Children’s Lodge, Camel’s Back Road, Jharipani Fall, Bhatta Fall, Kempty Fall, Nag Devta Temple, Gun Hill , Municipal Garden, Van Chetna Kendra, Jwalaji Temple , Lal Tibba , Mussoorie Lake and so on.
2 Night 3 Days Mussoorie Package
Day 01: Drive from haridwar to Mussoorie ( 130 kms 3-4 hrs) journey)
Pick up from the Delhi / Haridwar railway station/a designated point and travel by road to Mussoorie via Rishikesh.Arrive Rishikesh visit Luxman Jhula,Ramjhula etc. After that drive to Mussoorie, on arrival check-in to hotel in Mussoorie. Overnight stay in Mussoorie.
Day 02: Mussoorie
After breakfast proceed to visit local sightseeing, Places to visit near Mussoorie: Places to visit in Mussoorie: Kempty falls & Ropeway ride to Gun Hill. Evening at leisure or take a walk by the famous Mall. You’ll be enthralled by the captivating views of conifer covered mountain slopes, deep valleys and snow-capped mountain views. Evening return to Hotel for overnight stay
Day 03: Drive from Mussoorie to Haridwar Departure
After breakfast, check out from hotel. Your Uttarakhand travel package concludes with a drop to the Delhi / Haridwar airport/railway station for your onward journey home.
- Deluxe Hotel Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- All Meals (A Plan Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Transportation from Delhi to Delhi as per itinerary by – AC Indigo in case of deluxe category package for 2 pax or AC Innova/Tavera in case of Deluxe package for 4 pax
COST DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Room service, Telephone calls and Laundry
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees & Guide charges.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
- Any portage at hotels, tips, insurance, wine mineral water, telephone charges, and all items of personal nature
- Any service not specified in inclusions
- Above rates are subject to availability
- Cancellation charges as per company policy